'The Hindu' in collaboration with Alva's Education Foundation presents Debate competition.
The Hindu - One of the leading English language newspaper in India is over a 138 years old and has been the front-runners in mass media from its inception. It has readership over 3 million with its largest distribution in the southern India.
Students from all over the region will participate in the debate, which becomes a right platform for them to reason about the changes happening around the nation in all aspects.
This becomes a right avenue for students to have an insight on various issues and help them get educated on off the syllabus topics.
1. Open for students pursuing all graduate & post-graduate courses
2. This competition is open only for students from South Canara, Udupi, Hassan, Shimoga, Chikkamangaluru & Madikeri.
3. Each college can nominate two teams per department consisting of two participants.
4. One of the team members should speak for the topic & another against the topic.
5. Participants will present their views for 2+1 minutes during Round 1.
6.The participants for the final round will be decided by panelists at the end of Round 1.
7.The shortlisted participants will be presenting the motion as informed by the Judges with the announcement of topic to the respective finalists.
8. Finalists will present their views for 5+1 minutes during Round 2.
9. At any stage, the decision of the organizers and the judges will be final.
10. Any statements made to hurt the religious sentiments, caste, gender discrimination and usage of foul language during the event will lead to disqualification of the team.
11. Last date for registration is 20th of March 2017